Re: sqlplus copy command question

From: Michael Bierenfeld <michael.bierenfeld_at_atmiralis.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:37:16 +0200

Antony Mak wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Recently, I have upgraded our oracle8.1.5 servers ( SuSE and AIX) to 8.1.6.
> After the mirgaton, everythings work fine except the sqlplus "copy" command
> was failed on SuSE box (even copy a very small table). It seems to be halted
> (never get prompt back) and can not be killed by OEM. Here is the command:
>
> SQL> copy from antony/antony_at_susedb to antony/antony_at_susedb -
> > create xx_dept using select * from dept;
>
> Array fetch/bind size is 15. (arraysize is 15)
> Will commit when done. (copycommit is 0)
> Maximum long size is 80. (long is 80)
>
> I have no problems with the AIX box with same situation. Can anyone tell me
> how to solve this?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Antony

Hello,

have you tried to create the tables first and then using

copy from bla/bla_at_remote to me/me_at_local insert xx_dept using select * from dept

watch out maybe the ";" at the end of the line is the problem. Btw. if the table is very big

set copycommit 1000 is a good idea. Maybe your rollback segments are blowed into pieces

Regards
Michael Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 03:37:16 CDT