Temporary tablespace fills up

From: traceable1 <traceable1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Jul 2001 08:05:10 -0700

We were having problems in 8.1.7 (or any 8i) with the TEMPORARY tablespace filling up. It didn't matter how big it was - the query would run until the TEMP space filled up. v$sort_segment would report that the space was free, but it would not allocate it. The process would run okay after restarting the database - I think the SGA needed to clear out.
Anyway, the problem was solved by getting rid of the Parallel Query. At the beginning of the query, I set each table involved: ALTER TABLE [table_x] PARALLEL (DEGREE 1 INSTANCES 1); Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 10:05:10 CDT