No resetlogs after database recovery

From: James <jamesyang_at_163.net>
Date: 18 Jul 2001 23:57:11 -0700

Suppose we lost all the data files due to the hardware failure but all the online redo logs and archive redo logs that exist on another disk are available in the right place. After restoring the latest backup, we need recovery the database as below:

CONNECT INTERNAL
SET AUTORECOVERY OFF
STARTUP MOUNT
RECOVER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE UNTIL CANCEL ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS; The problem is I do NOT want to resetlogs because it will start the sequene number from 1 again. Can I use below command (or else) to recovery the database without resetlogs?

CONNECT INTERNAL
SET AUTORECOVERY OFF
STARTUP MOUNT
RECOVER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE UNTIL NOW ALTER DATABASE OPEN; In addition, in which book can I find the detail inform of the command RECOVER DATABASE... Thanks for help comment.
jamesyang_at_163.net Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 01:57:11 CDT