Re: where should alert logs go (preferably)

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:26:26 -0700

tony wrote:

> Hi,
> I have inherited a Solaris 7 E220R with two Oracle instances.
> CLFY and PROD. A search for the alert files reveals that they are
> here:
> /u04/app/oracle/admin/PROD/bdump/alert_PROD.log
> and here
> /u02/oradata/CLFY/bdump/alert_CLFY.log
> I'd have thought that they should both be in same place in the tree,
> or is it not important?
>
> Regards
>
> Tony

They are where they belong: In the bdump directory under the instance they relate to though I would normally have them in /admin/instance/bdump the difference is unimportant.

Sounds to me like you need to learn some Oracle architecture before you starting changing things.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Jul 16 2001 - 11:26:26 CDT