Table Design

From: Diego <dpafumi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2001 10:04:50 -0700

Hi,
I need to design a database (not DW). This DB will contain a big tables (with 500.000 insert and several updates over those rows) per day.
Basically, we are going to insert a lot of data (about 50K rows), then we will start "working" with that data doing updates (not deletes at all) over that table and other tables. In the meantime we will continue with the inserts over that table to arrive to 500K rows. So we are going to generate 500,000 rows per day, at the end of the date we are going to delete that data or send it to another place, so at the beginning of the next date the table will be empty.

Can anybody suggest me the best way to design those tables (storage parameters and type of table), indexes and the database parameters? Any suggestions?
I would consider partition for that big table, I'm ok? Thanks
Diego Received on Sun Jul 15 2001 - 12:04:50 CDT