Re: How popular is RMAN for backup?

From: Vikas Agnihotri <fornewsgroups_at_vikas.mailshell.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2001 20:14:27 -0700

All true. The only gripe I have with RMAN is that it doesnt work with plain /dev/rmt! You *have* to use a media management software/hardware i.e. a juke box or a tape library.

Yes, I can create backup sets on disk and 'tar' that to tape, but then I lose out on most of the 'magic' features of rman i.e. automatically restore the latest backup, backup made 10 days ago, etc.