Re: How popular is RMAN for backup?

From: Mick Rice <mickrice_at_techie.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2001 14:00:40 -0700

Xuequn Xu,

          I intended no offence. It was just that I found RMAN to be one of the most obscure utilities I've had to come to terms with in years. You are quite right that 'milage' varies. At least I'll know now who to e-mail at 3am when my database is dead and I can't get RMAN to work :-) And after all a backup with RMAN is a lot better that no backup at all, even with all the 'allocate channel' stuff.

Sincerely,

Mick Rice. Received on Thu Jul 12 2001 - 16:00:40 CDT