DB Configuration

From: krishna <kvallabh1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2001 11:46:15 -0700

Hello all

I have the following database tables

table images

track_num number
image blob
created Date

table mem
track_num primary key
mem_Id

queries

inserting track_num, mem_id and image to the images and mem table retrieving images for a given mem_id
incremental exporting and importing images table

I have 300,000 records in the images table. Each image is of the size 1.5mb

These records can grow upto 10,000,000

I have the following configuration right now

Oracle 8i running on a server. A NAS (Network) hard drive with 420 GB capacity connected to the server. As the storage needs increase I will add additional NAS drives.

Do you have any comments on the performance of the database. What hard ware configuration do u guys recommend.

Are there any tools which can give me the performance analysis if I input the table schemas, DB config, hard ware config and queries without actually installing the database.

Thanks,
Krishna Received on Wed Jul 11 2001 - 13:46:15 CDT