ORA-03120 Two Task Conversion Routine

From: David M. Davisson <ddavisson_at_quios.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:09:17 GMT

I am finding the following error in my web logs. We are interfacing with Oracle 8i Enterprise 8.1.5.0.0 using Perl DBI. The Oracle documentation for this error really doesn't help too much. Could someone explain to me the meaning of this error? The routine referenced only passes one variable, which should be an integer. Could this result from passing a non-integer?

Database Error for fetch_usr_by_usr_id TRAPPED 'DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) at /usr/local/quios/lib/perl5/Persist.pm line 618.

The Oracle docs explain:

ORA-03120 two-task conversion routine: integer overflow

Cause: An integer value in an internal Oracle structure overflowed when being sent or received over a heterogeneous connection. This can happen when an invalid buffer length or too great a row count is specified. It usually indicates a bug in the user application.

Action: Check parameters to Oracle calls. If the problem recurs, reduce all integer parameters, column values not included, to less than 32767.

--
Dave Davisson
eWingz Systems, Inc.