Re: OCP Tests...what's the best order

From: Chris Boyle <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:40:09 -0400

I am currently studying for the network exam using the Sybex book and STS test. I wish it were as simple as editing 3 text files. I am finding a lot of questions related to the Net8 assistant and what do you click on next at a particular step (for 8i it is recommended that you do not directly edit the text files.). I think most of this type of stuff is garbage rote memorization. Who cares? I don't see having to constantly change network settings being a big issue. Chances are I will do it at the initial setup with a manual near by. There are also a LOT of questions about MTS and connection manager configuration. Do any of you DBAs have to play with this stuff enough that you have the steps memorized? Am I just being naive?

Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message news:3b48c494$1_at_news.iprimus.com.au...

> "VWP914" <vwp914_at_aol.com> wrote in message
> > I just passed the SQL/PSQL test and was about to start
> > studying for the Architecture and Administration test.
> > However, my Sybex study guide stated that it is generally recommended
> > that the Architecture/Admin. & the Backup/Recovery test be the last ones
> > taken. They didn't give any reasons. Does anyone know why they would
> > recommend this change in the order? Any recommendations would be
 helpful.

> > Thomas
> > Sun Certified, OCP wannabe (just wanna be cool)
>
> Are you certain that's what it says???! The order in which people
 generally
> attend the courses is: DBA, followed swiftly (within a few weeks) by
 Backup