Re: Pinning packages

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 22:55:45 -0700

Since Oracle documentation refers to the term "pin", it is reasonable to consider the term "correct".

See Designing and Tuning for Performance, Oracle 8.1.6 (a76992.pdf) Chapter 13, Managing Shared SQL and PL/SQL Areas, page 380:

"To use the DBMS_SHARED_POOL package to pin a SQL or PL/SQL area, complete the following steps."

Frank Hubeny