Re: Are these too harsh ?

From: Fuzzy <fuzzy42_at_nospam.usa.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 02:05:56 GMT

On 25 Jun 2001 20:59:20 -0700, yong321_at_yahoo.com (Yong Huang) wrote:

I agree with the other replies vis a vis mix of DBA and developer questions.

Somewhere between 8 and 12 of these questions are probably a big enough chunk to sound out a prospect. Two things I always find useful are

  1. Asking "What feature do you dislike/hate the most in Oracle?" Can give a good indication of areas of exposure and/or weakness. Had one applicant say "I like it all ... it's pretty much perfect". :-)

and

b) Have a couple of real world oracle error messages (like the good old 12514, 03113, or 00001) together with the text displayed when one of these happens. Then say "What's the problem here, and how do you fix it?" Tends to sort out the "certificate-only" people from the rest.

Ciao
Fuzzy