Re: 9i dbca

From: John Darrah <john.darrah_at_usa.net>
Date: 28 Jun 2001 09:19:21 -0700

Here are the scripts the dbca had me run:
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/catexp7.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/catblock.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/catoctk.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/catobtk.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/caths.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/owminst.plb;

JServer:
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/javavm/install/initjvm.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/xdk/admin/initxml.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/xdk/admin/xmlja.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/javavm/install/init_jis.sql
/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/javavm/install/jisaephc.sql
/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/javavm/install/jisja.sql
/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/javavm/install/jisdr.sql 2481 2482;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/jsp/install/initjsp.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/jsp/install/jspja.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/initjms.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/initrapi.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/initsoxx.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/initapcx.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/initcdc.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/initqsma.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/initsjty.sql;
@/opt/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/rdbms/admin/initaqhp.sql;

I wasn't overly impressed with the dbca on solaris either. It locked up several times when I attempted to store a template. When I tried to create a vanilla, zero customization database it complained that it couldn't install intermedia because there was no tablespace defined. Finally when I selected the "create scripts" option, I found I had to edit the create database statement because the syntax was wrong. The best part is when I went to look at the docs to find the correct create database syntax IT was wrong as well! Anyway, enough venting, I hope this helps.