9i dbca

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwindon_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 02:50:44 +0200

Hi,

I was able to get 9i server running on Debian Linux ("unstable"). (server, sqlplus, oemagent, oms, oemconsole all work fine) Unfortunatelly the dbca utility (database configuration assistant) crashes badly after answering some questions when creating a database. It the eats up all memory until I kill it. I used a basic "CREATE DATABASE" approach instead to get my database. The end result is that my database only has "catalog" and "catproc" loaded.

I would be very grateful if someone could send me a short list of what other sql scripts to run to get a fully configured database. Maybe the saved scripts from a succesful dbca run? (I assume that it has an option to save the scripts, just as the older versions).

Thanks!

        Erwin Received on Wed Jun 27 2001 - 19:50:44 CDT