Database slowed down and consistently taking up 25% of the CPU; like a zombie.

From: Huoy-Jii Khoo <khoo_at_mcw.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:18:58 -0500

Another question will be anyone out there encountered problem like this?

It doesn't matter what I do... I ever try to reboot the machine that hosted the Oracle DB (8.1.6 on Sun Solaris 2.7). From fresh, I startup the DB.... then there is this process that belongs to oracle user starts using up to a max of 25% of my CPU power (and stay at 25%). The process just keep going and going and going.... never ends... like a zombie process....

It slowed down everything and nothing much seems to respond in oracle. I can't ever do a shutdown immediate from svrmgrl....

Thanks again in advance!
khoo Received on Fri Jun 22 2001 - 17:18:58 CDT