Re: informix/oracle comparison

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:13:20 +0100

Never the less the stated commitment from IBM is to continue with the currently committed new informix releases. They also talk about support and updates beyond that.

I'd read that as at least another whole release of Informix and associated patchsets.

Those who quote the OS2 example should bear in mind how long it actually took IBM to drop it.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA