Re: Sort tablespace usage

From: koert54 <k_at_k.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 13:01:56 GMT

I guess you mean a 'temporary' temporary tablespace... A temporary tablespace can't hold permament segments, only temporary... Switch to a temporary tablespace by issueing : alter tablespace x temporary ;
In a temporary tablespace the extents are reused and only deallocated when the DB
is bounced - thus reducing I/O ...