Oracle block size - OS block size

From: John van Eck <JvanEck_at_ssc.dordrecht.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:44:20 +0200

Hello,

In the administator's reference it is advised that the Oracle block size should be equal or a multiple of the operating system block size. I am having problems with finding the operatings system block size. We have got HP9000 machines with HP-UX 10.20 and HP-UX 11. I have found disk blocks to be 512 bytes. I have also found with the command df -g the value of 8192 for the file system block size. Which is the one to look at for designing the Oracle block value and what is the easiest way on a HP-UX operating system to see the value of the nessecary OS block size.

Many thanks in advance,
John van Eck. Received on Thu Jun 14 2001 - 02:44:20 CDT