Re: Oracle block size - OS block size

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:12:52 +1000

8K Oracle blocks on a Unix platform, and don't even think about it. See Steve Adams' article entitled 'Why a Large Database Block Size' at ixora.com.au for an explanation of why this one is a no-brainer.

(Quite what he'll recommend when block size becomes variable in 9i, who can say?? Steve?????)

Regards
HJR

--
The views expressed are my own only, and definitely NOT those of Oracle