Re: Creating Database instance

From: A.Liggins <A.Liggins_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:28:21 +0100

Don't forget to change the paths to the new datafiles too, otherwise you will end up with A and B attempting to share the same files (which wont work out
for each!).

I usually change the Controlfile line to :-

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE SET DATABASE "BAGPUSS" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG And remove the 'recover database' line too.

And take backups first please.