Re: Urgent: Oracle 8 parallel server on VMS 7

From: Harald Thienel <harald_at_h-thienel.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:40:55 +0200

"Michael Austin" <miaustin_at_bellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3B23B0A1.D5478D8B_at_bellsouth.net...
> Personally, if I were going to run an Oracle database on OpenVMS it would
 not be Oracle Classic, but
> Oracle Rdb. Rdb has been running on muliptle nodes in a true cluster
 very successfully for many years
> now. (For those in the comp.database.oracle.server newsgroup, Digital
 and OpenVMS invented the
> cluster, not as some of you have been told that it was Sun or NT and has
 been around since '81-'82
> timeframe) While OPS on VMS has also been around a while, Rdb seems to
 have done it right and it just
> works.

I definitly agree. We have Rdb running since 14 years (Oracle since 5 or so). Rdb is a real working horse and in many features superior to Oracle Classic!
There was no alternative to start with Oracle Classic - we just had to.

Harald Received on Mon Jun 11 2001 - 12:40:55 CDT