Re: PHP-IIS-ORACLE

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:19:20 +0200

"T.Ruschival" <t.ruschival_at_vivid-md.de> wrote in message news:B747CABC.3618%t.ruschival_at_vivid-md.de...
> Howdy Ho!
>
> Well I´m desperately trying to connect to my Oracle Database by PHP via
> MS-InternetInformationServer. Yesterday it corractly resolved the TNS-name
> but all I got back was an ORA-12640 Error which is very poorly documented.
> They only say I should enable logging.
> First, how do I enable logging? Or much better does anyone know how to
> configure the Listener to accept PHP connections?
> By the way, perhaps this could be the origin of my Problem: I´m not able
> create a new Oracle Scheme in my Active Directory. But this shouldn´t
 bother
> Oracle in any way, ´cause I tried to connect with the Superuser account
> "Internal/oracle".
>
> Help appreciated, or hints to any news coping this Problem
>
> Thanks
> Thomas

Generally speaking it is not forbidden, but recommended to read the Net8 administrators manual, which does contain a separate section on troubleshooting, which will explain you how to enable logging. As you don't provide any pointers about your situation (platform? version?), that is evidently asked too much of you, I am afraid such a generic reply should do.
Also the manual states you should enable tracing which is something different. Enabling tracing is discussed in the same troubleshooting chapter.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat Jun 09 2001 - 11:19:20 CDT