feature & performance comparison

From: swp <DSAsteve_at_aol.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2001 12:50:35 -0700

I am posting this to both the Oracle and DB2 newsgroups in the hopes that I will get a better set of answers.

I would like to see a comparison of features that are in Oracle 9i and the latest version of DB2. I have heard that DB2 is blowing Oracle away right now, at least until the middle/end of summer. [I can't remember where I read that review.] An objective comparison by an independent third party would be best, of course. Or if anyone out there has already done one for themselves that would be appreciated as well. Just a comparison of the features, not what they can or should be used to do or when or under what circumstances ~ that leads to individual opinion creeping in too much.

I would also like a performance comparison of the two. How they stack on up similar machines with similar user loads across a wide variety of platforms. I am sure that someone has already done this, perhaps the Gartner Group, but I cannot find an honest "apples to apples" comparison anywhere.

TIA, swp Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 14:50:35 CDT