Re: System-DBfile corrupted, Backup doesnt run

From: Bernd Schneider <bschnei_at_snafu.de>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:19:29 GMT

Hallo Mr. Bakker,

I do not mind about loosing data, my Thursday backup may be faulty, but what is with the backups days before. For example I took a backup tape with the backup I did a week before, I restored it, all looked good, I started the instance, all looked good, I started the "sql worksheet", made a 'select * from xtable' and got the error message (ORA00604, ORA 01578) on the systemfile SYS1OPCS.ora. I do not think all our backups are faulty, because we had to do a restore now and then (last restore 3 months ago). My problem is, I can not work with the oracle instance.

Thanks in advance

Bernd Schneider