Re: System-DBfile corrupted, Backup doesnt run

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 22:31:00 +0200

"Bernd Schneider" <bschnei_at_snafu.de> wrote in message news:3b1fc12a.54181078_at_news.snafu.de...
> Hallo,
>

> I have got a problem with our Oracle7 - DB.
> Today (Thursday) our Database did not start after the backup, error
> ORA0604 ... Systemfile corrupted.
> Yesterday the DB did start as usual, so I did a restore of the backup
> we made in the night from Tuesday to Wednesday, but I got the same
> error message : systemfile corrupted (we had worked with this
> yesterday!!!).
>
> Could someone please shed some light on this problem, I do not know
> what I can do.
> What could have changed, that the files, which ran yesterday, do not
> work today?
> Is there a way to rebuild the systemfile, without loosing the data in
> the userdata-File?
>
> Thanks in advance (sorry for my bad english)
>
> Bernd

So we now know your disk is faulty and we now know your Tuesday backup is corrupt.
Do you run your backups with verify? A backup without verify is no backup. You need to restore your database from an older backup and perform complete recovery, that is if you are running in archivelog. If you are not running in archivelog, I am afraid you are going to loose data.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 15:31:00 CDT