Re: PL/SQL and DEBUG, which tool ?

From: Scott Mattes <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 14:03:59 GMT

If you are using Designer you could do what I have done, write a small procedure that uses text_io to write lines to a file. I open and close the file for each write, so that I can view the progress while the code is running (this gets you around two major problems with dbms_output; 1) the max limit of 1,000,000 bytes that can be written, and 2) not seeing any of the msgs until after the run is completely over).

I sure am spoiled by languages with real debugging features, like Delphi.