Re: PL/SQL and DEBUG, which tool ?

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 13:20:47 GMT

On Tue, 05 Jun 2001 22:58:09 -0700, "Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

>stefano mura wrote:
>
>> Hallo,
>>
>> I must debug a very long procedure written in PL/SQL.
>> Which tool do you suggest me to debug that procedure ?
>>
>> Thanks very much
>>
>> Stefano, Italy
>
>You can get SQL Navigator, or TOAD, or probably a few dozen other
>products. But I find that most of the time I get more than adequate help
>for my debugging by just typing SHOW ERR in SQL*Plus.

Yes! And *nothing* beats that. Well, for most errors.

Complex debugging is much better in a tool. Using DBMS_DEBUG yourself can be a real pain.

Persoanlly, I use PL/SQL Debugger
<URL:http://www.allroundautomations.nl/plsqldev.html>. I find it to be nicely priced and a good tool.

Brian Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 08:20:47 CDT