Re: The case preference of writing SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS comands/scripts

From: <cudworth_at_removed.invalid.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 18:30:09 -0000

Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net> wrote:

> ex1. looks valid, and is proper.
> ex2. looks valid, but is NOT proper.

> (i'm prepared to be toasted for that answer...)

> i apologize now for the length of this post, but i believe this is a
> topic worthy of discussion. thanks for asking Dino. others are
> welcomed to add their thoughts...

> in looking at the two examples, it appears that oracle will interpret
> these both the same way, there will be no difference (? someone
> correct me if i'm wrong about this) in the compiled function.
> (the source text that is stored will be different, of course)

[snip]

Your argument would carry more weight if you bothered to follow your own advice! The English language has a *definite* definition of what is proper -- that the personal pronoun "I" and the first word of every sentence be capitalized -- but you don't bother to follow it. If you can't be bothered to follow proper formatting in your own writing, why should anyone take advice from you about the "proper" format of other languages?

Mark Received on Wed Jun 06 2001 - 13:30:09 CDT