Re: recovering offline redos

From: Rolf Sapler <bud_socks_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:47:59 +0200

Hi Howard,

i got online redos on tape younger than 29.01. Due to a different storage layout i had to create a new controlfile. Before that i`ve overwriten the online-redos with the above mentioned files. Right now the DB is in mount status. The v$logfile shows the correct online redos.

I`ve got offline redos exactly to the point where i need to go to. Meanwhile i have succesfully recovered 2 offline redos by "recover database until cancel".

Should i have used "...until time..." ?

The SVRMGR always want to know the filename. How can i automatically run the recovery without confirming the messages ? What can the syntax be like ?

Thanks in advance.

R.