Re: Please help on recovery Data from Oracle DB

From: Chris Wiss <chris_at_purecarbonnospam.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:18:15 -0400

I would write the a simple PL/SQL script that extracted the results and printed them using a DBMS_OUTPUT command in a SQL*PLUS session. Remember to use SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 999999 before kicking off your script. If you construct SQL statements, you will save the hassle of having to parse the output.

If you have any other data in that tablespace that is not affected by corruption, use IMP utility to extract the remaining data.

After you have constructed the data extract, drop the entire table space and delete the data files. Verify that there are no physical problems with the disk, and then rebuild the tablespace and reload the data.

Good Luck,
Chris Weiss

"Pearapon S." <pearapon_at_ksc.th.com> wrote in message news:9fj6f7$2j$1_at_taliesin.netcom.net.uk...
> Hi All,
>
> I need help on recovery Data from Oracle DB. Recently,there are some
> problems with our Oracle DB. Whenever , we try to access or select data
 from
> one Table named: SCC0k21, Oracle reports "data blocked is corrupted". For
> example, when we used this statement:
>
> " select sccname, scclastname from scc0k21 where sccrtcd = '1' and
> sccampr = '01005300' and sccknum >= '165257' and sccknum <= '165356' "
>
> There is Oracle error:
>
> "ORA-01578: oracle data block corrupted (file # 44, block # 403796)
> ORA-01110: data file 44: '/usr10/sc41/dbs/sc41tscc02.dbf' "
>
> It seems that we have got there same error even if we changed the range of
> sccknum.
> However, we can select each record for each "sccknum".
> The fields: sccrtcd, sccampr and sccknum are indexed keys.
>
> We also try to create new Table based on the data of this table by using:
>
> "Create table new0k21 tablespace newtbs as select * from scc0k21"
>
> However, there is still this kind of "data block corrupted" ,but on
> different locations
>
> We use:
>
> - Oracle 7.3.4 on SUN Solaris 2.6
> - there are about 6,000,000 records in SCC0k21 table ( about 2.5 GB )
>
> Cloud you please help us ? It is very important for us to recover this
 Data