Re: Performance penalty when turn on timed_statistics

From: Mick Rice <mickricenet_at_netscape.net>
Date: 31 May 2001 03:38:30 -0700

Ken,

    This question is a bit like asking, if I load a large rock into my car will it slow down ? Even if we know what size the rock is we don't know anything about the car or what you consider slow to be. The impact of turning on this option will vary from database to database with transaction volume and configuration and the only real way of telling is to give it a shot. The good news is that it's system modifiable so that if you enable it and get complaints you can disable it without bouncing the database,

Mick Rice. Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 05:38:30 CDT