Re: Management Setver, Default username/password

From: Randall Roberts <randall_at_filer.org.nospam>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 18:35:57 -0700

If by "server process" you mean a process that the listener connects you to, no. If by "server process" you mean a separate process running under the operating system, yes. It is called the Oracle Management Service (OMS) and it must be running on the server where your repository is located. You can manage any server in your network (presuming you have a username and password with sufficient privileges) from any workstation running the OEM client. But the OEM client must connect to a repository. Prior to 8i the repository was replicated on every server you managed in the schema of the user logging in to manage the server. It was a real PITA to find 76 tables suddenly dropped into your application schema that should have only had 8 tables. In OEM 2.x a schema is created on one server to house the repository (the machine where OMS must be running. When you create the repository the wizard creates a tablespace and schema to own the tables. ). Enterprise Manager now keeps its own system of accounts (NOT Oracle Server accounts) in that schema. As someone else answered, the first time you log in the user is sysman and the password is oem_temp. And you can find it by clicking the Help button on the OEM login dialog.

Best!

Randall