ArcPlan, Brio, Office 2000/XP as Digital Dashboad, Data Mining tool? Need help?, pcumming

From: Peter Cumming <pcumming_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 May 2001 10:46:07 -0700

ArcPlan, Brio, Office 2000/XP as Digital Dashboad, Data Mining tool? Need help?, pcumming

We are evaluating Arcplan and Brio and might end up with both products actually. We could use some help. We even wonder if Office 2000/XP might be of help.

Our criteria is as follows:
-Web Based
-Creation of a digital dashboard (list of key indicators to the
business in graphical form with drill down capability)
-Powerful yet intuitive
-Good value for the money
-Adequate vendor support with good software patches if problems
occurs.
-Easy to learn for developers and potentially end users
-Ability for ad-hoc reporting
-Ability to create canned reports
-Ability to import into Access and Excel.
-Perhaps ability to take data and be able to update it back to its
source.
-Perhaps ability to take data offline for analysis (while not
connected).

Thanks for any comparison, pros, cons, gotchas, strategies, etc...

Appreciate an email reply (if not too much trouble) and a posting.

Sincerely
Peter
pcumming_at_yahoo.com Received on Wed May 30 2001 - 12:46:07 CDT