Re: Oracle 8.0.6/Solaris 2.6 import fails with EOVERFLOW

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 14:36:45 -0500

how did you manage to produce an export file over 2 GB in the first place ?

i'd suggest you try creating a pipe, starting the import to read from the pipe, and then using another process to copy the import file into the pipe.

you'll need to check the syntax for these statements, and for your o/s. (on hp-ux, it's the mkpipe command)

# create a pipe
mkpipe /dev/ora/expdat.dmp ...
chown oracle:dba /dev/expdat.dmp

# start import from the pipe
imp ... =/dev/ora/expdat.dmp ... &

# copy the export file to the pipe
dd if=/u01/myexportfile of=/dev/ora/expdat.dmp ibs=64k &