Oracle 8.0.6/Solaris 2.6 import fails with EOVERFLOW

From: Mick Sheppard <mick.sheppard_at_flutter.com>
Date: 25 May 2001 02:37:00 -0700

We have a large (> 2GB) export file on Solaris 2.6 and Oracle 8.0.6 fails with error DEC 79 (EOVERFLOW) when trying to import it.

Running truss on the import the problem is that imp is using open rather than open64 to access the file. Other programs, more for example, open the file with open64 and can view the import file.

Does anyone know of an easy way I can get the file imported? A neat way to split the import into two files would be okay I guess.

We've opened an Oracle TAR on this but if anyone knows of a patch to imp that would help too.

TIA, Mick Sheppard

Senior System Administrator
flutter.com Received on Fri May 25 2001 - 04:37:00 CDT