Needed help on FILE --> PL/SQL table Manipulation

From: vikram <vikram_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 21:59:57 +0200

Hi,

Can U suggest or guide me on the following task.

I need to import from a flat file 'Well delimited by ;' into a pl/sql table for further manipulations. Is there any way to do that efficiently (at the most avoiding utl file technic.).

To explain in detail,

I have a file which contains 3 cols 'ofcourse datas delimited by ;'. Now I want to run a plsql script that reads from the file into a pl/sql table and compares with the database table for certain conditions. If the condition passes then those records should be written to another file where further processes will be held in Unix script.

Is there any simple way or what method shall be quiet simpler.

The records in the file is approximately about 10000 lines.

Thanks in advance. Received on Mon May 28 2001 - 14:59:57 CDT