Re: Lobs

From: Reidel Jogie <reidel_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 20:52:51 GMT

BLOB or BFILE?

If the data is to be stored in the database, then you need to use a BLOB. BFILEs are simply a "pointer" to file which resides outside of the database files. BFILEs allow access the external files from within the database, but are not protected by the database (backups/transactions) etc.

If the files to be stored are accessible on the same machine that the database is running on you can possibly use the DBMS_LOB package to load the files.