Re: Could not find the module

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 13:02:07 -0400

On Sun, 27 May 2001 22:28:34 -0700, you wrote:

>Khurram Izhar wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Could anyone tell me what this means,
>> when I create a new database and try to start oracleService<sid> it can not
>> start and comes out giving an error 1068:cannot find the module. This
>> happens even for the starter database.
>>
>> Platform NT4 Oracle Ver 7,3,4
>>
>> Regards,
>> IzharK
>
>According to metalink there is no such thing as an error 1068, 01068, or with
>the character string 'cannot find the module'.
>
>The one possible exception is something related to parallel but the error
>message has a different number.
>
>Care to try again? And this time provide the full error message? Your ISP most
>likely does not charge by the character.
>
>Daniel A. Morgan

the error 1068 is a windows error code, you won't see an ORA-xxxx message from a service:

1068
The dependency service or group failed to start. ERROR_SERVICE_DEPENDENCY_FAIL

I would hazzard a guess that the install on the machine did not succeed, you are missing various components of the Oracle install (the module windows refers to would be the Oracle software -- you are missing bits of it).

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) Oracle Service Industries
Howtos and such: http://asktom.oracle.com/ http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/