Re: DB_BLOCK_SIZE set to the highest value

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 10:24:27 +0800

On Fri, 25 May 2001 09:35:50 -0400, Mike Jay <mikejay_at_mitre.org> wrote:

>Using the "df -g" command (no quotes) on the local system to check
>for the optimal value, my system has 8192 block size so that's what
>I use for the DB_BLOCK_SIZE in my initTHESID.ora pfile.

It doesn't work on my Linux Red Hat 7.1.

[root_at_localhost /root] df -g
df: invlid option -- g
Try `df --help' for more information

[root_at_localhost /root] df --help
Usage: df [OPTION]... [FILE]...
Show information about the filesystem on which each FILE resides, or all filesystems by default.

-a, --all include filesystems having 0 blocks

      --block-size=SIZE use SIZE-byte blocks
-h, --human-readable print sizes in human readable format (e.g., 1K
234M 2G)
-H, --si likewise, but use powers of 1000 not 1024
-i, --inodes list inode information instead of block usage
-k, --kilobytes like --block-size=1024
-l, --local limit listing to local filesystems
-m, --megabytes like --block-size=1048576

      --no-sync do not invoke sync before getting usage info (default)
-P, --portability use the POSIX output format

      --sync            invoke sync before getting usage info

-t, --type=TYPE limit listing to filesystems of type TYPE
-T, --print-type print filesystem type
-x, --exclude-type=TYPE limit listing to filesystems not of type
TYPE
-v (ignored)
      --help            display this help and exit
      --version         output version information and exit

Report bugs to <bug-fileutils_at_gnu.org>.

Dino Received on Fri May 25 2001 - 21:24:27 CDT