Tell me Oracle procedure loop

From: Reva <reva.lewis_at_tiscalinet.it>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 23:41:34 +0200

Hello guru!

A doubt (Amlet kind) want to propose you:

DECLARE
 myDate DATE;
BEGIN
 LOOP
  myDate := SYSDATE;
 END LOOP;
END; This is an infinite Loop. If I execute this procedure in Sqlplus environment this regularly works. From an Unix session I have seen only the SqlPlus process.

If this procedure is in execution, in SQLPLUS, how can I do to block it? But importing more, what parameters you look of the system to understand if a procedure is in Loop? Hope not the time !

Many Thanks and Bye
Reva Received on Tue May 22 2001 - 16:41:34 CDT