Re: Tell me Oracle procedure loop

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 23:11:21 -0700

Reva wrote:

> Hello guru!
>
> A doubt (Amlet kind) want to propose you:
>
> DECLARE
> myDate DATE;
> BEGIN
> LOOP
> myDate := SYSDATE;
> END LOOP;
> END;
>
> This is an infinite Loop. If I execute this procedure in Sqlplus
> environment this regularly works. From an Unix session I have seen only the
> SqlPlus process.
>
> If this procedure is in execution, in SQLPLUS, how can I do to block it?
> But importing more, what parameters you look of the system to understand if
> a procedure is in Loop? Hope not the time !
>
> Many Thanks and Bye
> Reva

I am sorry to say that your English is not clear enough for me to understand exactly what you are asking.

But if you are trying to figure out how to stop the loop in your code use a FOR loop or an EXIT WHEN or an IF statement containing the EXIT condition.

If you are trying to figure out how to stop if after it is running in Windows use ORAKILL.EXE and in UNIX use kill -9.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed May 23 2001 - 01:11:21 CDT