Re: Error when ORDER BY a char field

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 18:10:04 -0500

the ORA-3113 on the client side means that the process on the server side has probably died due to some error. check the alertsid.log for error messages (ORA-7445 or ORA-600), or for recent dump files in udump directory.

you could try running the SQL statement on the server machine (local connection), and see if you can get a more meaningful error message.

and please refrain from crossposting to multiple oracle newsgroups. thanks.