Re: sql*net tuning question

From: john gallet <john.gallet_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 08:29:29 GMT

Hi there,

After analyzing the sniffer log myself, here is what can be more exactly seen :

Client receives a 1466 size packet and sends ack immediatly. Client receives a 563 size packet and sends ack immediatly. Client receives a 1460 size packet BUT sends ack 80 to 100ms later ... Client receives the last 563 size packet and sends ack immediatly.

Looks like the sizes are always quite the same.

What I do not understand is this 80-100 ms delay for the client to ack on this occasion... (we thought yesterday it was the server that waited to send, but yes, it waited for the client to ack, looks like).

Any ideas / suggestions welcome.

Otherwise, we'll start playing with mtu and sdu today. Should we find the answer, I'll post it in here.

TIA
John Gallet Received on Fri May 18 2001 - 03:29:29 CDT