Re: sql*net tuning question

From: john gallet <john.gallet_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 16:21:29 GMT

> Try to run an iptrace, followed by an ipreport, and you probably will see
> your sqlnet packets being fragmented by the TCP/IP layer.

OK, I'll try that asap (which should be tomorrow). In all the stuff I have been reading on the subject the last few days, I came accross the sdu and mtu several times, but ruled them out : - I always get two (at least and no more) tcp packets back no matter how many rows (one at least fonctionnally, as much as thirty) the request sends back.
- the real thing I'd like to understand is why there is a 100ms delay between the two packets the server sends. I mean, I do not care how many packets I get back, one, two, even three, as long as the delay between each is "small", say 5 ms. I'd rather have 3 packets 5ms aparts than 2 packets 100ms apart ...

> (and oh yes: fuck Oracle Support France. This info comes from Metalink!)

:-))
Yep, I figured that out. I used technet.oracle.com and google before asking some silly questions in here (I maintain the FAQ for the French PHP newsgroup whenever I have two minutes).

Thanks for the input.

Yours sincerely,
John Gallet Received on Thu May 17 2001 - 11:21:29 CDT