Re: Re: session dentification

From: <203.101.17.58>
Date: 17 May 2001 07:30:52 GMT

Jörg,

v$session.audsid is probably what you are after. Please, search Metalink for, say, audses$ to get more info.

Just keep in mind that sys.audses$ sequence cycles. Also how are you going to use your unique id? Depending on your purpose you might need to enable session auditing to make sence of of audid.

Regards,
Igor.

> On Wed, 16 May 2001 22:24:43 -0700, "Daniel A. Morgan"
> <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:
>
> >"Jörg Bläse" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> I want to mark records with an unique "identifier" which contains
> >> userid and session, who created/last modified the record.
> >> I need to know from "outside" (other sessions), whether the modifying
> >> session is still alive.
> >>
> >> The sys_guid() function provides a unique identifier, but how can I
> >> find out the sessions state from outside?
> >>
> >> Is there another possibility?
> >>
> >> TIA
> >> Joerg
> >
> >Outside what?
> >
> >Session information is available in v$session.
> >
> I need an information within a session (who am i, what is a unique
> identifier for my current session) to store this value in modified
> records.
> Other sessions (this is what i mean with "outside") want to know, who
> modified the record and - very important - is the session, which
> modified the record still alive?
>
> Joerg Blaese
> >Daniel A. Morgan

Poster's IP address: 203.101.17.58
Posted via http://nodevice.com
Linux Programmer's Site Received on Thu May 17 2001 - 02:30:52 CDT