Re: session dentification

From: Jörg Bläse <jb_at_blaese.de>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 06:02:43 GMT

On Wed, 16 May 2001 22:24:43 -0700, "Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

>"Jörg Bläse" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I want to mark records with an unique "identifier" which contains
>> userid and session, who created/last modified the record.
>> I need to know from "outside" (other sessions), whether the modifying
>> session is still alive.
>>
>> The sys_guid() function provides a unique identifier, but how can I
>> find out the sessions state from outside?
>>
>> Is there another possibility?
>>
>> TIA
>> Joerg
>
>Outside what?
>
>Session information is available in v$session.

I need an information within a session (who am i, what is a unique identifier for my current session) to store this value in modified records.
Other sessions (this is what i mean with "outside") want to know, who modified the record and - very important - is the session, which modified the record still alive?

Joerg Blaese