Re: Replication Issues

From: Peter Robson <pgro_at_bgs.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 15:44:37 +0100

Just for the record,we have been running replication against Oracle for more then 10 years, using SQL*Plus scripts initiated from Unix cron. Its all totally transparent.. Latest versions now upgraded to use rowid (like Ora snapshots), but (unlike Ora snappers), we can do master-master updates. Yes, complex, BUT fundamentally you have to understand your busniess model, and make very sure it is consistantly modelled into the database. If a yes to these, then replication is really very logical.

peter
edinburgh