Oracle 8i memory optimization

From: Jon <jzuazoa_at_nexo.es>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 09:00:45 +0200

Hi,

I know this question may be difficult to answer because you will need more information but I would like to know, aproximatelly, the way you share the physical memory of the oracle instace between the different posibilities avaible.

I can use about 512MB of RAM memory so as to be used by a database that serves a typical client/server application. The database does not use java and server stored procedures. Ask me please if you need more information.

Now I am using the following memory parameters:

Shared Pool -> 100 MB
Buffer cache -> 200 MB
Large Pool -> 3 MB
Java Pool -> 10 MB

Max. Users -> 100
Sort Area Size -> 64 KB Received on Tue May 15 2001 - 02:00:45 CDT