Re: Proper format for XML?

From: Thomas Jegen <thomas.jegen_at_siemens.ch>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:55:22 +0200

I would definitely use a LOB (CLOB or BLOB) datataye as the (old) datatype long has too much limitations.

Thomas

Thelonious Georgia wrote:

> Hey all-
>
> I'd like to store an XML resultset in the database for later querying. The
> number of potential rows is currently unknown, but 50-75k rows is certainly
> conceivable. I'm wondering if I should use the LONG type for that column, or
> perhaps a BLOB.
>
> Thanks for any info,
>
> Theo

Siemens Switzerland Ltd, Softwarehaus, ES41
Thomas Jegen, Software Engineer
Albisriederstrasse 245, CH-8047 Zürich
Phone +41 (0)1 495 3438, Fax  +41 (0)1 406 5340
mailto:thomas.jegen@siemens.ch, Internet: http://www.siemens.ch/