Re: Question on Installing Oracle.

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 02:06:38 GMT

Haven't looked at it recently - doesnt DBCA handle that situation?

The first thing that is run is the SQL.BSQ file - that sets up all the SYS tables and views. Messing around with that file on your own can cause total and permanent brain damage - to the database (and potentially all future databases on the machine) as well. Howver, a quick email to Oracle Support (through http://techet.oracle.com) should provide the information you are looking for.

Other than that - assuming your existing one is built using standard default OFA layout, look for the Oracle_Base/Admin/[sid]/create directory - you might find the supplementary create scripts there (if you didn't get the default database as a copy from the CD started database).

HtH
/Hans